Pages

Sunday 28 March 2010

British Summer Time

It's that time of year again, and time for my (and other astronomers') annual moan about the clocks going forward.
If I could go on BBC2's Room 101 BST would be the third item in, after light pollution and clouds. It's stupid, pointless and a waste of time (pun not intended). It's also a thief of observing time, especially in the late spring and summer, when you can't get out to observe until late anyway and it's worse when you have work the next morning.

I don't like taking this blog away from astronomy but Southampton FC are at Wembley in the Johnstone's Paints Trophy Final (the proper title is the Football League Trophy, but it is always known by the sponsor's name). People have accused it of being a 'mickey mouse' cup but that's a load of rubbish. A trophy is a trophy and it's high time we won one, having won nothing since the 1976 Final when Bobby Stokes' goal was enough to beat Manchester United. I was only six at the time and do remember it, especially as my late uncle was a big Saints fan. I couldn't go to the game at Wembley (although I did go to some of the games in the competition) as I am keeping all my disposable income for TSP, but I will be listening to Radio Solent, in a state of extreme nerves, and mentally kicking every ball!
We've had finals since, and lost every blooming one of 'em! So...


COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. However, bare in mind that all comments are moderated, so any spam or offensive material will be deleted. Thanks.